Firefly Restaurant Salmonella Outbreak
Firefly, a popular Las Vegas restaurant located on Paradise Road, was the source of a Salmonella outbreak among over 300 people from 27 states, Canada and the United Kingdom in late April, 2013. The tapas restaurant was closed briefly after it was identified as the source of the Salmonella outbreak.
Firefly was cited for more than 40 health violations during an inspection following the Salmonella outbreak discovery. The Southern Nevada Health District announced that the outbreak was traced to an infected food worker who was carrying Salmonella and contaminated food on May 10, 2013.
Salmonella infection causes severe abdominal cramping and diarrhea, which is sometimes bloody. Victims of Salmonella infection typically have a fever of 100 F to 102 F and may also experience vomiting, headache and body aches.