Old South restaurant workers take lessons in food safetyWIStv.com
June 8, 2005
Workers at the Old South restaurant in Camden are getting some lessons in food safety. About 300 people got sick from salmonella poisoning at the Kershaw County restaurant late last month.
More than 50 were hospitalized and one person died. The Department of Health and Environmental Control believes undercooked turkey was the cause of the salmonella.
Wednesday, workers are taking safety lessons in food preparations. The owners hope to reopen later this week.
More on this outbreak: Old South Restaurant Salmonella Outbreak