Baker Street Restaurant Salmonella OutbreakAt least 30 people who dined at the Baker Street Restaurant and Pub in Kenosha, Wisconsin in mid-June, 2010 were infected with Salmonella Enteritidis. The outbreak was traced to the Kenosha restaurant by the Kenosha County Health Department, which saw a sudden uptick in Salmonella infections, all with matching serotypes. The Salmonella outbreak was later determined to be part of a larger, nationwide outbreak linked to contaminated eggs.
The restaurant, located at 6208 Green Bay Road, Kenosha, Wisconsin, closed while the health department worked to investigate the Salmonella outbreak. The health department tested the restaurant’s employees before clearing them to return to work.